1. Since when does the Mahara Club exist?
The Mahara Club was founded in November of 2010, where the ETI regular guests programme was integrated to the new system. As of the winterseason 2010/2011, all Red Sea Hotels Properties, and all Grand Cruises Ships offer the amenities and extras available to Mahara Club members.
2. Who can become a Mahara Club member?
Membership is open to any person who has already been guest in any of the Red Sea Hotels or Grand Cruises at least four times with the fifth booking. Members must register online (www.maharaclub.com).
3. Is there a minimum age requirement to become a member of the Mahara Club?
Yes, the minimum age is 16.
4. When can I start collecting "shells"?
As a newly registered member, you will start receiving "shells" as of your fifth booked and flown trip. Your fifth trip may be backdated up till the 01.11.2010 . Your "shells" will be credited to your account on departure day, and are readliy available to spend on the available services offered on holiday.
5. When is the Mahara Clubcard receivable?
To receive the Mahara Clubcard a previous registration through www.maharaclub.com is of course necessary. Cards are issued per person and not per group or couple.
6. How will the so far "saved" stays be counted, for example, if I have already travelled 7 times to the RED SEA HOTELS?
The number of trips that have been made so far are counted to qualify for status at the Mahara Club. After the fourth trip, you will be classified into the BLUE status and the Mahara BLUE Card can be applied for. Shells can be redeemed as a travel applicant from the fifth trip. From the 10th trip the customer receives a Mahara Gold Card. A shell credit is only given for stays from 01.11.2010.
7. Do I also receive shells on my account when someone else is paying the trip, but I'm booked as a fellow traveler?
No, only who is in the booking as applicant - and thus also as payer - and as traveler will receive shells. Nevertheless, we recommend every customer to register as a member in order to enjoy later benefits.
8. Can I use my shell credit to pay the travel price of another trip to Egypt?
No, unfortunately that is not possible. The shells can only be used locally as an internal currency.
9. Can I use my shell credit to pay for excursions/other extras locally?
Yes, the shells can be used locally as an internal currency, depending on availability.
10. Is the Mahara Club only available in Germany or also in other countries?
The Mahara Club is international and is open to any guest who has booked at least five trips to a hotel on the Red Sea / Grand Cruises.
11. Is it possible to backdate the stay to be added if you have not yet participated in a regular customer program?
Yes, anytime, this is very important and we need your help to determine the current Mahara Club status.
12. Where is the Mahara Lounge and how it is equipped? Which services are offered there?
If you own a Mahara Blue Card, Mahara Gold Card or Mahara Platinum Card, you will receive free access to our MAHARA CLUB VIP LOUNGES. Please note that access is only possible with your Mahara Club Card or with your personal welcome letter.
At the moment we are providing the MAHARA CLUB VIP LOUNGES in the following hotels:
• Grand Hotel Hurghada - in the lobby area
• Grand Resort Hurghada - at the pergola bar
• Siva Grand Beach Hurghada - in the lobby area, upper floor
• for all hotels in Makadi Bay - Sunwing Waterworld in the Sport Bar
= Opening hours 4pm - 11pm, free Wi-Fi, TV, board games, free drinks (soft drinks and local alcoholic drinks, tea, coffee, snacks, cakes, pastries) (can be changed shortly).
All hotels in Sharm El Sheikh and Marsa Alam without a MAHARA CLUB VIP LOUNGE, are providing an exclusive VIP dinner once per stay. You will also be invited to a VIP dinner on the Grand Cruises. We are looking forward to see you and have an unforgettable evening together with you.
13. Can I apply for the GoldCard?
From the 10th stay in a Red Sea Hotel or aboard a Nile cruise ship of the Grand Cruises fleet, we will send you the MaharaGoldCard.
The GoldCard status is also available if you have not paid for the trips yourself, but you must be a member of the Mahara Club.
14. What is included in the VIP All-Inclusive, that the MaharaGold and PlatinCard holders receiving with their golden and platinum bracelet?
Mahara members with Gold and Platinum status have the possibility of the dine around, which means you can have dinner in another Red Sea hotel. Please contact the Guest Relation in your hotel.
15. How does the Mahara Club knows that I have booked a new trip as a Mahara Club member?
Please send always your booking number after each new booking. This is the only way to ensure that your trip is recorded in your account and that you can take the advantage of it (such as private transfer for MaharaGoldCard customers).
16. Do I also receive shells credited to my account for cancellation or rebooking fees?
No, only the amount is generated by a completed stay.
17. Is it enough if you register only one partner as a member?
It makes sense to register both partners, as access to the Mahara Club Lounges is permitted just for cardholders. Because the membership is free, this is also no problem.
18. Can I apply for the PlatinumCard?
From the 25th stay in a Red Sea Hotel or on board a Nile cruise ship of the Grand Cruises fleet, we will automatically send you the MaharaPlatinCard. The PlatinCard status is also available if you have not paid for the stays yourself, but you must be a member of the Mahara Club.
19. I can't log-in and see my account?
Please note that each Mahara Club account needs an own email address. That means it is not possible as per European Data Rules to use one e-mail address for more than one account. Please inform us with your membership number about a new e-mail address in case you used one e-mail address for more than one Mahara Club account.